Woodlands Cyclique
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride For Passion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Morning Ride
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:27 am by alex

» Saturday Morning Training Ride
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:29 pm by alex

» Tuesday/Wednesday/ Thursday Night Ride
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm by alex

» Self Introduction
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:08 pm by roadridingdude

» Regular Sunday Morning Road Ride
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 pm by ck

» Woodlands to Waterway @ punggol
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm by cancad8

» May Day Round Island Ride
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:32 am by alex

» The Republic Run - 07 July 2012
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm by w74406

» 2xU Compresssion Run, 1 April 2012
Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm by w74406

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yang

Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Empty
PostSubject: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:32 am

To all Woodlands riders:

It has been great riding with this group. But with recent developement, I think the group is falling apart.

Sunday ride has alway been 7am onwards and this works fine for many people. But then without any consenus from other group members, it becomes 6am so that it would be better suited for some people who are more vocal.

Then, it used to be for everybody. Now's its 30km/hr and above just because somebody wants to test their cyclying ability.

Anyway, for those remaining riders and new and able bodied riders, I wish you all every success in your endeavour.
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:34 am

yang wrote:
To all Woodlands riders:

It has been great riding with this group. But with recent developement, I think the group is falling apart.

Sunday ride has alway been 7am onwards and this works fine for many people. But then without any consenus from other group members, it becomes 6am so that it would be better suited for some people who are more vocal.

Then, it used to be for everybody. Now's its 30km/hr and above just because somebody wants to test their cyclying ability.

Anyway, for those remaining riders and new and able bodied riders, I wish you all every success in your endeavour.

Dear Uncle Yang,

Allowed me to explain to you why the ride is being schedule at 6am instead of the usual 7am, this is to accommodate the muslim kakis for them to finish early yet hv the time to celebrate Hari Raya.

As for the 30 to 35km/h is merely a guide line but not compulsory, we can still ride @ 20 to 25km/h and rejoin the faster riders at pit-stops or destination.

Hope you will understand and continue to ride with the group. Your experience on riding will definitely be an asset to the group.

Last edited by ck on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://woodlands.forumotion.net
yang

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi Woodlands riders,

This is always the case. It is unfair for fast riders to wait for the slow ones and it is also quite impossible for the slow ones to catch up with the fast ones. This is more so when the fast riders have some achievement to aspire to.

One way to sort out this problem is to have different routes for riders of different ability, so that we all will meet eventualy at the final stop at about the same time.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
suhaimi

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:35 pm

dear all,

sorry ah cause i suggested to start at 6 today. i know some of you may not be ready to ride at 6 and was actually prepared to ride alone - but no shiok, so that's epxlains the invitation on another thread.

anyway, uncle yang has good idea about the shortcut thingie. if look closely at the route we took early this morning

lim chu kang - regroup. good opportunity to catch up.

south buona vista road (good long steady climb) - north buona vista - dover - clementi - ulu pandan (another good climb)

at buona vista, we turned left and heads for dover, clementi and ulu pandan.

the slower riders could just go straight through north buona vista and heads for holland and cluny road. that saves lots of climb and miles - about 5 km i believe.

so that should make us arrive at taman serasi about the same time.

after makan to sembawang coffee shop, it's a spinning and not like chionging so that should be ok.

so how?
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:37 pm

hi uncle yang.

i would like to agree with your suggestion about having two seperate group with different pacing, but we will still meet up at the same pitstop.

the fast group will take a longer route, while the slower group will take a shorter route,

but we will meet at the same place.

currently, our fixed breakfast location will be at botanic garden the food court.

it is a nice place to hang around.

wat u think uncle yang?
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

how abt the not so fast and not so slow group? the middle pace group? Question Question
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:33 pm

they can choose to take the longer route, or shorter route, but meet at the same pitstops.

we will work out the details on every ride meeting. but end day is...when there is not much people riding..no point spliting into two groups.
Back to top Go down
yang

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Woodland riders:

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

I thnik 2 groups is a good idea and the route suggested by Suhaimi seem workable.

The next part of the plan is to assign leader and sweeper for the slower group.

Why not Guan/Mann/CK or whoever work out the details for the next Sunday morning ride and make know to all? I believe participation will definitely improve with this new arrangement.
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:04 am

yes uncle yang,
the people at the back are always being forgotten.

for a start, we will take suhaimi's route next sunday.

everyone will meet at 645am instead.

by 710am latest, we will move off..riders who want to start late...they can go straight to the food court inside botanic center.

the estimation time for us to reach the botanic garden is about 930am.

the slower group will start first..after 10min, the faster group will start.

we will stop at jalan buroh petrol kiosk instead of bustop at lim chu kang, this is to prevent wastage of time.

max stop time will be 10min...after that we will move on and proceed to botanic garden.

the total distance is about 76km from woodlands blk 363.

we will let everyone get familiar with the route on next sunday.

after which, if the slower group feels that the route is too tedious, they can plan others alternative route..

they can take the shortest route to botanic garden instead...and thus they will have longer rest time.

BUT the home run route, everyone will take the same route.

the rationales are:

1)improve everyone's stamina and endurance.
2)be more systematic( so that even if anyone are left behind, they know where to stop)
3)the slower and uncomfortable riders will improve graduately
4)ride will still goes on regardless of how many riders we have.
5)prevent wastage of time in between pitstops
6)make our ride more pleasant.

we had been riding for so long...the standard of our BIKEs are not that lousy...thus it is not justified that we dont ride our bike.
and we canot be just lesiure riders...we ride for our health benefits..thus we must improve our riding style so as to improve our physically conditions.

i believe that if everyone will put in their effort, we can be better!
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:50 am

we had been riding for so long...the standard of our BIKEs are not that lousy...thus it is not justified that we dont ride our bike.
and we canot be just lesiure riders...we ride for our health benefits..thus we must improve our riding style so as to improve our physically conditions.

i believe that if everyone will put in their effort, we can be better!

Some of our riders are truly leisure rider or rather weekend rider. We ride for our health benefits no doubts abt tat but we do not need to improve our physical till we can eventually ride together at the same pace.
Next is, our group oso consist of senior age rider that on the demanding aspect of riding long distance or certain speed might not seems comfortable for them and for me, too demanding.

Tat is why we created the Wed nite training ride, Fri Uncle ride and Sun our Group ride..this is so to cater for different need and different pace.

I think the coming Sun ride is a good start for all of us but split into 2 will still be a better ideal imo.
And we shall stick to the following:

Wed - strictly for fast pace training. (if u think u cant catch up, dun follow till u train up)

Fri - strictly for uncle ride. (leisure pace, sight seeing and kopi. if u wana choing..go for Wed ride)

Sun - Group ride mixture of both as suggested by urself, Suhaimi method.

Just my 2cents worth
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:07 am

thats why like uncle yang says....if everyone dont voice out..we wont know what everyone wants.

though we cant meet everyone's requirement..but we try to make everyone happy.

but if everyone choose to keep quiet..then we cant do anything to improve.

now that points had been brought up..i believe there are more solutions to solve certain problems.

so wednesday night ride, friday night ride, and sunday morning ride..they are there for a reason...thus if anyone feels that they are suitable for any of the rides..den go ahead.

and to quote what uncle yang says: cuz of the changes we are breaking apart...i dont think it is true either..cuz we never force anyone to go for ALL 3 rides mah..

so we have to confirm this:

sunday ride, we will split into 2 different group.

lesuire and chiong.

route: same, or short cut..will be depends on the majority.

while wed n fri...will remain as it is.
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:19 am

yup...think we are heading towards something more positive now! Very Happy
Best is, during the next Sun ride, we will discuss with each and everyone than we will come out something tat will cater for everyone too.

Most important of all, we are all still "Woodlandz Cyclique"
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:21 am

huat ar!
Back to top Go down
yang

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:01 am

CK thanks for speaking up for group.I share your opinion. Guan, my origial posting about the group falling apart is my observations from the various rides I participated in. On the whole there are quite significant improvements in the performances of the front runners,however the ones at the back are getting discouraged.I believe every rider should be given opportunity to improve at their own pace if they wish to do so. And I strongly agree that the good front runners should not be held back to accomodate the slow ones.
Now that we are working towards that direction,I really hope that we can achieve the dual objectives of building an elitist group of competition-standard riders and at the same time keeping all the riders of varying ability and motivation together in the Woodlandz Clique family.
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:54 pm

So like wat Guanster mentioned, we must learn from uncle Young...anything you are not comfortable with or any suggestion you think might help to improve the Group, pls do so by posting here so that we can fine tune and make our riding a more enjoyable wan!

Uncle Young,
Thx for sharing ur opinion with us & help us to be better!

HUAT AR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!   Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riding Method & Schedule For Woolandz Cyclique!
Page 1 of 1