Woodlands Cyclique
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride For Passion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Morning Ride
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:27 am by alex

» Saturday Morning Training Ride
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:29 pm by alex

» Tuesday/Wednesday/ Thursday Night Ride
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm by alex

» Self Introduction
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:08 pm by roadridingdude

» Regular Sunday Morning Road Ride
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 pm by ck

» Woodlands to Waterway @ punggol
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm by cancad8

» May Day Round Island Ride
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:32 am by alex

» The Republic Run - 07 July 2012
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm by w74406

» 2xU Compresssion Run, 1 April 2012
Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm by w74406

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Exploration of new riding routes

Go down 
+2
ck
yang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yang

Exploration of new riding routes Empty
PostSubject: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi everyone:

We have been riding most parts of Singapore but there is one large area on the south west that we have not really tackled.

Exploration of new riding routes South_10

I have put in blue arrow to show a possible riding route. The red box is the Lim Chu Kang bust stop and the pink box is the SPC petrol Kiosk along Jln Buroh

This route between the 2 stops would be about 20-23km.

Pasir Lebar is whers SAFTI is. I remembered the area to be low traffic road, not sure if it is still like that. From Google satellite view there is a bridge at the tip and loop to Tuas near the second link. How anyone been there before, is it possible to do this loop?

Anyone interested to do an exploration or have been there before and can share their experience.
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Looks Good uncle young...mayb we can explore this route on the coming Fri Uncle ride than hv kopi inside Jurong Bird Park 1 of those cafe inside there. Wat say u? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://woodlands.forumotion.net
yang

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:47 pm

I think it is do-able. WoodLand-LCK (19 km) + new route (21 km) + Jln Buroh -> Woodland (27 km). Total: 67 km.

It about the same distance as Changi Village loop.
Back to top Go down
suhaimi

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:00 pm

u want to cycle at pasir laba? wait kena arty fire leh...

restricted area... affraid
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 pm

can try for slow ride..but to emphasize, some area have heavy traffic..so must watch out for those big trucks also.
Back to top Go down
sn00zer

sn00zer

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:37 pm

hi all

instead of the usual malaysia for oversea rides how bout trying out barelang?
never been there, but heard alot of the place.

http://user.chollian.net/~hwayon/sing/batam.htm#top

fadhil
Back to top Go down
suhaimi

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:35 pm

gd idea.. never been to batam
Back to top Go down
Johndoe

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi guys actually i had been exploring the possibility of riding this route cos i work in the Tuas area!! Very Happy So i tink when u travel along jalan baha u have to travel to all the way to jalan buroh n towards pioneer rd. Tuas south are all reclaim area and it is quite big. But the road are long and straight.
If u guys prepare to ride on Friday night, then need to be a bit careful on the jalan boon lay stretch as traffic maybe quite heavy. once onto jalan buroh, will not be much traffic already. As the area are deserted, cars, lorries, trucks tend to travel fast and furious. Need to watch out on that.
The distance i clock from Tuas south to sembawang (via neo tiew and skipping all the expressway) is about 45km single trip.
Hope this info is useful. Ride safe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yang

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:55 am

I was at the riding around the Upper Jurong, Benoi Rd and some stretch of Pioneer Road. By the way, Pasir Laba Road is restricted with sentry on guard at the entrance.

Traffic around the area is not heavy but lot of big trucks and the road are not in the best condition. I don't think that stretches of roads would be suitable for a relaxing Friday night. I think we should stick on to the Pungol/Sengkang/Tampines/Pasir Ris area.
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:48 am

sn00zer wrote:
hi all

instead of the usual malaysia for oversea rides how bout trying out barelang?
never been there, but heard alot of the place.

http://user.chollian.net/~hwayon/sing/batam.htm#top

fadhil

Look nice for riding....
suhaimi wrote:
gd idea.. never been to batam

so when we wana go this trip?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://woodlands.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploration of new riding routes   Exploration of new riding routes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploration of new riding routes
Page 1 of 1