Woodlands Cyclique
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride For Passion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Morning Ride
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:27 am by alex

» Saturday Morning Training Ride
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:29 pm by alex

» Tuesday/Wednesday/ Thursday Night Ride
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm by alex

» Self Introduction
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:08 pm by roadridingdude

» Regular Sunday Morning Road Ride
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 pm by ck

» Woodlands to Waterway @ punggol
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm by cancad8

» May Day Round Island Ride
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:32 am by alex

» The Republic Run - 07 July 2012
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm by w74406

» 2xU Compresssion Run, 1 April 2012
Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm by w74406

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Injured Cyclist Dies

Go down 
+4
John
guanster
Patrick
ck
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ck
Admin
ck

Injured Cyclist Dies Empty
PostSubject: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Is a sad day today, 1 of the cyclist knock down at clementi by the drunk doctor died in hospital. My condolences to his family.

TGP kakis wana to start a "ROAD PEACE" campaign and create awareness for the safety of all cyclist in SG.
If the campaign will to kick off, i urge all bros, sis here to participate if possible.
More of the info here:

http://www.togoparts.com/forum/showthread.php?page_id=1&fid=8&tid=61681&loc=active

Injured Cyclist Dies 4461497707_a2fbce2abd_b

Injured Cyclist Dies L
Back to top Go down
https://woodlands.forumotion.net
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:40 am

I will surely join the peace ride. I think is time for the government to make a move. Obviously, there're an increasing number of cyclists on the road, but we never get protected by any organization. Even if we're careful, some fuck up drivers will still make our cycling unsafe. Singapore will never become Holland or Denmark, which cyclists are so protected there, if the government does not help us. Every country in the world (even in Asia, such as Japan and Taiwan) wants to become eco-friendly country, and every country is promoting cycling day. I really think our action can wake up most Singaporean.

Let's start the campaign among the north (as we, the woodlandz!) and spread the idea to other part of Singapore. So we will make the government to realize that cyclists do care about safe riding and eco friendly!
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:16 am

this is another sad incident to had happened,i think it's time we should do something
about it. we should join the peace ride.
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Patrick wrote:
I will surely join the peace ride. I think is time for the government to make a move. Obviously, there're an increasing number of cyclists on the road, but we never get protected by any organization. Even if we're careful, some fuck up drivers will still make our cycling unsafe. Singapore will never become Holland or Denmark, which cyclists are so protected there, if the government does not help us. Every country in the world (even in Asia, such as Japan and Taiwan) wants to become eco-friendly country, and every country is promoting cycling day. I really think our action can wake up most Singaporean.

Let's start the campaign among the north (as we, the woodlandz!) and spread the idea to other part of Singapore. So we will make the government to realize that cyclists do care about safe riding and eco friendly!

Hi Patrick,

i dont think there is a need for a law for people to give way to bicycle.

i think we just need to show the drivers that we are sharing the road with them and need some space for ourselves. we can be responsible by cycling at reasonable speed, in other words, not hoggging the road (not crawling which i noticed among cyclist at times) and staying at the side of the road.. etc etc..

think about it, does the law helps? in my opinion, i dont think so.. quote an example from a friend: the law doesn't phrase out bad drivers out the road.. you see how true is that!!
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 am

Guys,

The Ghost Bike had been set up along clementi road just shortly after Ngee Ann poly where the accident happened.
Beside the great effort from TGP kakis, will like to thx Rahim & guanster for helping and be part of the Ghost Bike project. Reports will be out on sat papers as this is the very 1st Ghost Bike that has been set up for the dead cyclist in Singapore.

Injured Cyclist Dies IMAG0166
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:26 am

John wrote:
Patrick wrote:

Hi Patrick,

i dont think there is a need for a law for people to give way to bicycle.

i think we just need to show the drivers that we are sharing the road with them and need some space for ourselves. we can be responsible by cycling at reasonable speed, in other words, not hoggging the road (not crawling which i noticed among cyclist at times) and staying at the side of the road.. etc etc..

think about it, does the law helps? in my opinion, i dont think so.. quote an example from a friend: the law doesn't phrase out bad drivers out the road.. you see how true is that!!

John,

A need for the law for motorist to give way to cyclist is not up to us to decide. The points here dun just relaying on not hogging the road nor keeping to the side of the road, if both motorist and cyclist doesn't share the common understanding of sharing the road and practice good traffics manners, nothing of the above u mentioned will be safe for cyclists.
And pls bear in mind that Ben is a safety caution rider with full safety gears on every of his ride, he was killed by a drunken driver!

As our forum motto shown, "ride for passion", this does not means we got to go riding every days to prove we are passion with riding, to me "ride for passion" is to share the joy of riding, riding happily and spread the cycling virus to which and every corner of singapore to let everyone like to cycle. People like Mann, Keith, Rahim, Ali, George or who ever i miss out, they are the ppls that sacrify their personal time to go for meeting for charity rides, organizing rides for cc, for malaysia trip etc.....while most of them just enjoy relaxing when they are doing all the ground job behind the scene! and this is what i called :Ride For Passion"

We just doing our tidy bits to make Singapore a better and safer place to ride!
Back to top Go down
ACDC

ACDC

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:22 am

Sad to see another fellow cyclist add on to the undesirable statistic & we don't ever want this number to grow (may Ben Mok's soul Rest In Peace).

As much as we observe & practice safe cycling, some irresponsible & ignorant motorists may just spoil our day. It make matter even worst if we the cyclist, are as guilty as the irresponsible motorist. Safety is for everyone & apart from harboring for the law to protect the cyclist, we the cyclist also have an important role to play in regards to road safety.

Yes, I do agree with bro Patrick "Let's start the campaign among the north (as we, the woodlandz!) and
spread the idea
to other part of Singapore".... but 1st we must tidy up our group regarding this issue before we want to embark the ideas to others.

i. Some kakis occasionally beat the red light just to be the 1st to reach the destination. Chiong by all means but beating the red light is a definitely a no... no... Is there a medal to whoever who reach 1st...??? No...???

ii. Its good to be seen especially during nite ride so a bigger & brighter rear light is strongly recommended. A few added grams won't make the bike heavier & the ride any slower.

iii. Helmet must be on the head when the butt is on the saddle.... even when cycling 1 loop of Mandai.

iv. No Ipod or MP3 or whatever during rides. Better to hear the sounds of the surrounding traffic rather than not to hear from anything at all forever.

These are the few things being observed during our group rides & we need to rectify them. Safety cannot be compromised.

EVERY RIDE TELLS A STORY..... & WE DON'T WANT A SAD ONE...!!!

Last edited by ACDC on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:28 am

I agree with everyone..

Ride for passion which is not only about speed and reaching destination 1st, but also about safety.
When I said government should do something for the cyclists, I don't mean to have laws.. but at least to help us "the ride for passion" cyclists and all cyclists to have a safer riding environment; they can also help to educate drivers and motorists.

Last month when I was doing Mandai loop at 9pm... a car just drove very close to me and touched my handle bar... the road has so many lanes why he wanted to do that? I realized later, he was trying to mock me, to challenge me.. and of course I shouted at him and gave him middle finger... he drove off...

So is this kind of mind set, we should help them to change...
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:06 pm

[<quote>]
John,

A need for the law for motorist to give way to cyclist is not up to us to decide. The points here dun just relaying on not hogging the road nor keeping to the side of the road, if both motorist and cyclist doesn't share the common understanding of sharing the road and practice good traffics manners, nothing of the above u mentioned will be safe for cyclists.
And pls bear in mind that Ben is a safety caution rider with full safety gears on every of his ride, he was killed by a drunken driver!

As our forum motto shown, "ride for passion", this does not means we got to go riding every days to prove we are passion with riding, to me "ride for passion" is to share the joy of riding, riding happily and spread the cycling virus to which and every corner of singapore to let everyone like to cycle. People like Mann, Keith, Rahim, Ali, George or who ever i miss out, they are the ppls that sacrify their personal time to go for meeting for charity rides, organizing rides for cc, for malaysia trip etc.....while most of them just enjoy relaxing when they are doing all the ground job behind the scene! and this is what i called :Ride For Passion"

We just doing our tidy bits to make Singapore a better and safer place to ride!
[/quote]

CK

If you could understand my reply, it was mentioning to Patrick comment and nothing to do with Mok's incident. Man added on to my point..
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:30 pm

john,

precisely the points patrick trying to send across is to make aware for cyclist safety and i do agreed with the points mann pointed out. Than again, am trying oso to sent the message across to you Ben dead is the result of drunk driver hence even if u stay at the side line or not crawling the road ur still vulnerable on the roads.

And my pointers is that ppl here is trying hard to create awareness by organizing safety ride, planning, voluntarily to help out in mass rides or whatsoever, is a form of creating cycling interest and keeping safety in mind too.
Down to the point: Action should be louder than words and not vice versa.
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:13 pm

guys, ben's incident had gave us a very important lesson:
no matter how safe rider u are, there are still unsafe drivers or motorcyclist on the road.

while looking out for ourselves, we must look out for fellow riders.

each of us must be responsible for their own safety protection, and must be fully geared as long as we are on the road.

if we can anticipate what will happen, there wont be any accidents, and don cycle when you are not feeling well, it will causes danger to yourself and other people on the road.

hope that everyone will be more catious in future, and learn from this incident.
Back to top Go down
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:22 pm

ck wrote:
Guys,

The Ghost Bike had been set up along clementi road just shortly after Ngee Ann poly where the accident happened.
Beside the great effort from TGP kakis, will like to thx Rahim & guanster for helping and be part of the Ghost Bike project. Reports will be out on sat papers as this is the very 1st Ghost Bike that has been set up for the dead cyclist in Singapore.

Injured Cyclist Dies IMAG0166
by the way, we also have to thanks ck for approaching the ghost bike maker, else we wouldnt have a chance to help in this set up.
Back to top Go down
John

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 pm

ck wrote:
john,

precisely the points patrick trying to send across is to make aware for cyclist safety and i do agreed with the points mann pointed out. Than again, am trying oso to sent the message across to you Ben dead is the result of drunk driver hence even if u stay at the side line or not crawling the road ur still vulnerable on the roads.

And my pointers is that ppl here is trying hard to create awareness by organizing safety ride, planning, voluntarily to help out in mass rides or whatsoever, is a form of creating cycling interest and keeping safety in mind too.
Down to the point: Action should be louder than words and not vice versa.

CK,

I do not know how you think, but generally im talking about how to minimise risk on the road.. I know we are vulnerable on the road, but we on our part - stay as safe as possible.

Anw guys, stay safe! huat ar..
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Guan, John,

Let's just say all of us is trying our best to make SG road a better and safer place to ride on! Anyway, during last sun routine ride, can see improvement on our group ride ler! din see anyone with mp3, everybody oso refrain from chionging red light & etc. Keep up the good works and be more safety caution guys. Huat Ar Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_biggrin Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
alex
Admin
alex

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am

yep....safety starts with us...........
Back to top Go down
yang

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:56 pm

just a safety tip that has served me well..

wide angle rear mirror mounted on the handle bar or wrist. it's safer to do initial check of rear traffic via the mirror then turning head to check as for almost all riders, head turning also cause the bike to sway out slightly to the direction the head is turned.
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:20 am

Yeah, finally the grafitti is being removed.

Injured Cyclist Dies DSCN0846
Back to top Go down
TourDe-WLands79

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:25 am

Agreed with everyone.
Safety first...that should be the #1 rule to apply when cycling.

Let's all have a pleasant ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injured Cyclist Dies   Injured Cyclist Dies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injured Cyclist Dies
Page 1 of 1