Woodlands Cyclique
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride For Passion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Morning Ride
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:27 am by alex

» Saturday Morning Training Ride
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:29 pm by alex

» Tuesday/Wednesday/ Thursday Night Ride
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm by alex

» Self Introduction
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:08 pm by roadridingdude

» Regular Sunday Morning Road Ride
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 pm by ck

» Woodlands to Waterway @ punggol
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm by cancad8

» May Day Round Island Ride
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:32 am by alex

» The Republic Run - 07 July 2012
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm by w74406

» 2xU Compresssion Run, 1 April 2012
Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm by w74406

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...

Go down 
+3
cheemeng
ACDC
Lawr3nc3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lawr3nc3

Lawr3nc3

Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Empty
PostSubject: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi everybody. I just wanted to share some useful tips. It might help for our long live cycling trips and mission. If you have any constructive comment or stuff want to share, you are welcome. Cycing technic is very individual. Stuff I wrote here is based on my personal experience and guide book. What worked or me, it might not work for you. I'm still learning how to cycle. So let us learn together! Smile

-Try to remain seated and not to rock our upper body/shoulder while climbing of hill or riding.
This might sound stupid. But it help me if I need to cycle long during the race. Standing up demands extra energy. The less movement of your upper body, the better. You only need your leg to pedal.

-Feet, hand and buttock are 3 main point of contacting our bike.
Distributes the weight evently over the saddle, handlebar and pedal.

-Hand.
Change our hand position frequently to prevent finger numbness and body stiffess. Grasp our handlebar firmly and gently.

-Arms.
Always keep our arms bent and relaxed to absorb shock.

Lastly, Stretching.
A good stretch can ease of the the pain before, during and after the ride. Most importantly, can prevent injury. I love to stretch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.earth-sos.com/
ACDC

ACDC

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Very good pointers from Bro Lawrence.
Back to top Go down
cheemeng

cheemeng

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:14 pm

this method work for mi but jus tat im too fat n shake too muh wile cycling..so made no diif when i dun really shake along the road.
i think one point would hv to take note is..nt to pedal all the way dwn straight from ur knee.too staright does nt really give u so much powerr.it will cost problem.
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Thx for sharing Lawrence. Points noted. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://woodlands.forumotion.net
guanster
Admin
guanster

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 am

proper breathing method is also critical.
try to inhale using your nostril, and exhale using your mouth.
this will send enough oxygen to your blood vessel, and wont tires your muscle that easily.

and of cuz...remember to drink when you are tired...this will replenish the fluid lost during cycling...and reduces the chances of cramp.
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:19 am

guanster wrote:
this will send enough oxygen to your blood vessel, and wont tires your muscle that easily.

and of cuz...remember to drink when you are tired...this will replenish the fluid lost during cycling...and reduces the chances of cramp.

Another good pointer. Thx Guanster Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ACDC

ACDC

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:30 am

...... & 1 stick of ciggie every 20km ride, to improve your breathing technique bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
cobra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:34 am

i agree on staying seated for the climbs, i found it helped me alot when i shift to the nose of the saddles, hands on the flats and i lean forward to climb, i can feel my thighs dish out more power
Back to top Go down
ck
Admin
ck

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:42 am

ACDC wrote:
...... & 1 stick of ciggie every 20km ride, to improve your breathing technique bounce bounce bounce bounce

Hahahaha lol! lol! i second tat.....!!!
Back to top Go down
Lawr3nc3

Lawr3nc3

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:22 pm

guanster wrote:

Yah, it critical. For my case, I prefer breathing in out using both my nose and month.
-Breathing DEEPLY and REGULARLY help me lower my heart rate by a few beat while remaining the same speed and pace.
-It pump the oxgen and blood more efficient.

Replenish of fluid
-Drink 300-400ml before the ride.
-Drink small and frequent every 15min during the ride.
-Drink regular after the ride.

For the 1st 30min AFTER the ride, it is the MOST important of the what we drink.. follow by what we eat. How fast our body recover, is depend here and the way we train.
Back to top Go down
Lawr3nc3

Lawr3nc3

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:24 pm

ACDC wrote:

I think cigar work better for long ride.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lawr3nc3

Lawr3nc3

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:57 pm

Descending: Rolling down the hill..
There are quite a number of hill at Mersing. I think these small act will pull us all the way.

-KEEP ON SPINNING even when unnecessary. This will help to clear our lactic acid build up in our body and help to keep us warm.

-Shift to a higher/heavy gear and pedal to avoid wasting energy from overspinning. Think it this way: '' Every hill is a chance for us to shoot down the hill and up again''. Don't waste our energy climbing it.

-Areodynamic position
Been down. Hand on the drop or areo bar. Cut the wind. Butt pushed to the rear of the saddle to distribute the weight.

Stabilize the bike
.. By using our knees grip the top tube. This can higher the chance to keep you safe if you suddenly hit a rock or pothole. Travel down with high speed is dangerous.

Anyway woodlands group will conquer mersing! cheers
Back to top Go down
D

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:13 pm

All good points lawrence. But most important of all, train.

of course i see i should be taking my own advice... hahha. i'm not sure how i'm going to survive this...

D
Back to top Go down
Lawr3nc3

Lawr3nc3

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:44 pm

D wrote:
All good points lawrence. But most important of all, train.

of course i see i should be taking my own advice... hahha. i'm not sure how i'm going to survive this...

D

Yah, u are right. Training is bored and tough too.. If u got any great training plan, maybe can share with me.. currently I doing my run & bike.. drunken
Back to top Go down
Lawr3nc3

Lawr3nc3

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Cadence

-Cadence mean the number of pedal stroke within 1 minute.
-Cycling high cadence can lower the risk injury. But it demand more blood and oxygen to the muscle.
-Larger muscle can take more tension while cycle in higher gears.
-Lightly muscle cyclist prefer high cadence.
-There no best cadence. But efficient cadence will be 70 to 80 rpm. Experienced rider will be 80 to 90 rpm.

Riding on high gears doesn't mean you can ride fast. Try to find your best cadence. See which one you feel more comfortable and without slowly your speed. Cheers! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...   Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some useful tips of cycle long & fast without injury...
Page 1 of 1